photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Aug 31, 2013

Milwaukee: Lakefront Brewery and Cheeseburger in Bloody Marydise



Before we left Milwaukee after our Wisconsin State Fair adventures -- see parts one, two, and three -- we stopped by Lakefront Brewery and Sobelman's, home of the cheeseburger-topped bloody mary.




We were too late for the last brewery tour of the day, so we took our flights down to the riverside patio.



We quizzed each other from the Inside the Actors Studio questionnaire as we admired the view. I won't tell you my favorite curse word right here, but I did reveal that sleeve tattoos are a turn-on.




Next, we needed something to eat, so we went to Sobelman's, where their bloody marys are more snack than drink. (In the greatest way.) 


Am I laughing? Am I crying? I don't know. It was overwhelming.


I mean, just look at that masterpiece. Asparagus, mushroom, onion, brussels sprout, cheese, sausage, green onion, olive, pickle, lemon, shrimp, cheeseburger..!



Shortly after giving Andy my cheeseburger, we very nearly missed the train to take us home to Chicago -- those bloody marys were projects, plus we had to make a run for New Glarus beer -- but part of me wishes we'd been stranded in Milwaukee forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment