photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Aug 21, 2013

Wisconsin State Fair, Part III: The Animal Palaces


This bunny has had enough of your sass, buster. 


If Blue Boy the pig from State Fair taught me anything, it's that fairs are about prize-winning animals just as much as they're about romance on the ferris wheel.  My Wisconsin State Fair compatriots and I spent most of our day cooing over animals in the goat and sheep, cattle, and small animal pavilions. 





Goats gettin' judged!



Oh, what a welcome it was. 


Snuggly sheep!



... and sheep with questionable racial politics.


Gettin' sheared. 

We lost our focus in the cow pavilion -- too many majestic animals! -- but we did manage to put ourselves in the cattle stocks: 





In the scant 30 minutes we had to spare before the Weird Al concert that night, I ran around the Small Animal Palace and lost my mind over every pretty chicken.  




This gal had a bustle like a Victorian lady!


Despite his fun, fluffy feet, this guy did not appreciate getting his picture taken, thank you very much. 




This duck was the happiest animal we saw all day, and had a little pouf of feathers on her head like a pillbox hat.  She is my new dream pet, hands down.

We also scoped some bunnies:



This one forgot to put his nose on that morning, I think. 


And here is darling, darling Nibbles, a Flemish giant.


These guys and gals all deserve blue ribbons, as far as I'm concerned, and in the multiverse in which I lead a contented country life, I like to think all of these animals live there with me... except for that mean rooster.


Miss the first two Wisconsin State Fair recaps? See Part I about racing pigs and ducks, and Part II about fair food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment