photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Sep 4, 2013

Lunch at Lagomarcino's

Pro tip: totally catch your phone's reflection when you take pictures of shiny things. D'oh. 


Last month, I took Zack home to the Quad Cities to attend my high school friend's wedding. (Congratulations, Leslie and Mark!) Before the ceremony, I took him to lunch at the original Lagomarcino's soda fountain in Moline.

This particular Lago's still has some original features from its founding in 1918 -- I love the wood-backed fountain, especially -- and they make a darn good chocolate egg cream (my drink of choice during my Harriet the Spy phase) alongside ice creams and candies.








I wish I'd been alive to see the days when Lagomarcino's was a purveyor of oysters (?!) in addition to candies.



We started off with sandwiches and our own glasses of Lago, a fruity, clove-y cola invented at Lagomarcino's in the 1930's, and followed it up with a turtle sundae.



As we ate, I ran into my most familiar blogging problem: feeling like a huge jerk for taking pictures of my food and general environs. I hope that these furtive iPhone photos still do the place justice, and I hope that somebody air-mails me a cone of Lagos' butter pecan ice cream, stat.




P.S. Sharing this picture of Zack and me from the wedding that day, because I'm pretty sure it's the best picture ever taken of us. We might as well shy away from cameras for the rest of our lives. Game over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment