photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Jul 30, 2013

Sweating on The Midwasteland

I saw Pitchfork's Sunday lineup on a lark -- I went for Yo La Tengo, but stayed for R. Kelly -- and soon made peace with my natural ability to sweat. Somehow, I still made The Midwasteland's street style lineup; I owe it all to my mom's 44-year-old rehearsal dinner dress. Thanks to The Midwasteland for spotting me as I fretted over the food lines, and thanks to my mom for creating a kid who's exactly her dress size.

Here, have a couple of lousy phone pictures of the festival for the road:



Yo La Tengo straight-up killed it.



R. Kelly released hundreds of balloons with twinkle lights inside. On one hand, it was beautiful; on the other hand, as my friend Tyler put it, "The river will find these delicious!" 






No comments:

Post a Comment