photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Apr 18, 2013

Record Store Day and the CHIRP Record Fair

BROS.
Photo by Glitter Guts.



Record Store Day is this Saturday, and while some of the hoopla intimidates me -- lines forming early! Folks vying for prizes and free totes! -- I plan to celebrate by visiting Logan Hardware for the first time. (I know. There is no excuse for my behavior on this front.)


Even as I (hopefully) snap up a copy of Love This Giant, I know I'll feel overwhelmed as I add more records to the pile I brought home from last weekend's CHIRP Record Fair and Other Delights. This is the first year improv class hasn't kept me from the fun, and I spent it combing the $1 racks, hopping in the Glitter Guts booth, and inhaling food from Irazu with my bros Tyler and Collin.

The spread was truly overwhelming. I can't imagine how crazy things were when the early birds hit the fair. 

Tyler and our pal Eddie prowlin' the $1 bins. 



The gal in stripes is calling music trivia, right behind the Powell's book booth

Here are my favorite finds of the day. Please note "Pardon My Blooper: An Album of Radio and TV's Most Hilarious Boners."









Not bad. I hope "Stevie Wonder's Original Musiquarium" sounds as smooth as it looks. See you next year, CHIRP! And see you out there this weekend, Record Store Day champions. 

One more for the road, bros.
Photo by Glitter Guts







No comments:

Post a Comment