photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Dec 10, 2012

A Christmas List For You From Marlo Junior

It's getting awfully festive in here.


Let's be real: I started listening to Christmas music in mid-November. Sometimes I even listen to Sufjan Stevens' impeccable first installment of "Songs for Christmas" in the summertime, just for a moment, when I  need a pick-me-up. And I can't help it if Phil Spector really outdid himself on his "A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector" album. "Marshmallow World" will be my earworm 'til I die.

Now that I don't have to make excuses for my listening habits, though, I've compiled a list of some of my favorite peppy Christmas tunes. I listen to these while fussing with my decorations, getting ready in the morning, or -- most often -- picking Albright up by the front paws to make her dance with me. (She finds this less humiliating than the reindeer antler hat she wore in our 2010 Christmas card, so she bears it nobly.)   A collection of slow jams will follow soon. For now, turn up your dial and prance around!



 A full track listing follows after the jump.




Darlene Love – Marshmallow World
The Beach Boys – Merry Christmas, Baby
Stevie Wonder – What Christmas Means To Me
Sufjan Stevens – Come on! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance!
The Magnetic Fields – Everything Is One Big Christmas Tree
Rufus Wainwright – Spotlight on Christmas
Sufjan Stevens – It's Christmas! Let's Be Glad!
She & Him – Sleigh Ride
The Shins – Wonderful Christmastime
Bob B. Soxx and The Blue Jeans – The Bells Of St. Mary
The Beach Boys – Little Saint Nick
Johnny Mercer – Jingle Bells
The Andrews Sisters – The Merry Christmas Polka
Bing Crosby – Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas)
Burl Ives – A Holly Jolly Christmas
Brenda Lee – Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree
Darlene Love – White Christmas
The Beach Boys – Christmas Day
Sammy Davis Jr – You Are My Lucky Star - 1990 Digital Remaster
Darlene Love – Winter Wonderland
Clyde McPhatter – White Christmas
Hanson – What Christmas Means To Me
Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You - Original Version

No comments:

Post a Comment