photo PARTIESBUTTONFINAL_zpsead861ad.jpg  photo CHICAGOBUTTONFINAL_zpsdf157c83.jpg  photo ELSEWHEREBUTTONFINAL_zps10ef7bbb.jpg

Dec 12, 2012

Songs for Christmas


Earlier this week, I wrote about my favorite Christmas jams, the happy ones I listen to privately all year round. But I also know that sometimes Christmas is the time to putter around the house, flop around listlessly on the couch, bemoan the fact that Colin Firth isn't flying to Portugal for me, and get misty when I think how I'll never personally know General Waverly. Sometimes Christmas is the time to hang out in an alluring outfit of sweatpants and a cashmere sweater with a big hole in the armpit, forget how much I actually hate "Baby, It's Cold Outside" (because it's about coercion!), and wait for the snow to fall.  If you have feelings like these, too, or you're just tired out from jumping around the house to Darlene Love, here's a list for you.


I wish I had one of these for you to snuggle with while you listen, too, come to think of it.




Rather recreate the playlist on your own? A track listing follows after the jump.



The Walkmen – Christmas Party
Low – Just Like Christmas
Sufjan Stevens – Once in Royal David's City
Sufjan Stevens – I Saw Three Ships
She & Him – Baby, It's Cold Outside
Eartha Kitt – Santa Baby
Bing Crosby – Happy Holiday
Sufjan Stevens – We're Goin' To the Country!
Sufjan Stevens – That Was the Worst Christmas Ever!
Nat King Cole – The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
She & Him – The Christmas Waltz
Sufjan Stevens – The Friendly Beasts
Sufjan Stevens – Did I Make You Cry On Christmas Day? (Well, You Deserved It!)
Vince Guaraldi Trio – Christmas Time Is Here - Vocal
Louis Armstrong – Winter Wonderland
Rufus Wainwright – Baby, It’s Cold Outside
Rufus Wainwright – What Are You Doing New Year's Eve
Andrew Bird – Auld Lang Syne
The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale Of New York

No comments:

Post a Comment